Currently Meeting via ZOOM|
We are meeting virtually each week, and love having visitors!
You can join us online at:
So you are interested in visiting our group, but are curious what to expect. We've all been there before when we were a first time guest. Hopefully this page will give you the information you need to understand how our meetings are organized and what you can expect. We want you to feel comfortable when you are our guest!
Meeting Time and Place
We meet each week on Thursdays from 7:30 to approximately 9:15. We meet at the Jennings Mill Country Club (click for map). Jennings Mill Country Club is located at 1150 Chambers Court, Watkinsville GA (although Google maps will show as Bogart, GA). Breakfast is served free of charge to our guests. Open networking is from 7:30-7:45 and then the meeting is called to order.
When You Arrive
You will be greeted at the door by our Greeter and Visitor Host team. They will get your information so you can be introduced as a guest later in the meeting. After signing in, please feel free to enjoy the breakfast buffet and find a seat. The structured part of the meeting starts at 7:45.
Each meeting has a similar flow. Below is the general order of events.
- Our president will introduce the leadership team first. You will get the chance to see who you should talk to for more information about our group.
- Our education coordinator will give us an "educational moment." This is a short discussion time giving us tips on networking.
- Each member will get a chance to give a "45 second infomercial." This time is used to give a brief summary of their business and what type of referral would be good for them over the next week.
- All guests will be introduced and given a chance to give their "30 second infomercial." Be succinct and descriptive so we can get a good idea of your business. An example would be... "My name is Cynthia MacDonald with AthensGuy.com Website Design. We provide custom website design and hosting services. A good referral for me this week would be a church who is looking to revamp their website."
- One of our members will give a 10 minute presentation about their business.
- We go around the room one last time to give a quick summary of either number of referrals passed or a short testimonial. This should be no more than 15 seconds and guests are encouraged to join in.
Tips and Suggestions
- Time Keeping - we have a large group of people each week, so we have to stick to a tight agenda if we want to get out on time. So if anyone (member or guest) goes over their allotted time, they will hear a short bell ding. If you hear this, please be seated.
- Business Cards - guests are encouraged to bring at least 60 business cards so each person can get one. You are encouraged to pass the stack around the table to the right while the meeting is in progress.
- Promotional Materials - if you have brochures or flyers, we ask that you do not pass these around the table during the meeting. There is a table at the sign in desk where can place them. During your infomercial, you can tell the group you have more information on the back table.
- Mass Emailing - please do not grab business cards on our members for the purpose of mass emailing them after the meeting.
After the Meeting
Please meet with anyone on our leadership team to ask questions or discuss membership. Please plan to stay a few minutes after the meeting ends to let us get to know more about you and your business. You are encouraged to introduce yourself, ask questions, and enjoy the networking!
See you Thursday!